A variety of pills are available these days which can be used for birth control. One of the popular of these pills is Levlen. As a medication, it considered to be safe as well as effective. Nonetheless, it is important to be familiar with the different facts about this drug before you go and purchase this medicine for birth control online.
What is Levlen?
Levlen (https://mybirthcontrolonline.com/relevant-information-for-levlen-birth-control-users.html) is a combination drug which has a concoction of female hormones which are estrogen and progestin. It is used mainly as a birth control pill because it is capable of preventing ovulation. Even fertilization can be prevented to an extent.
The drug can thicken the cervical mucus while bringing about other modifications in the uterine lining. As a result, the sperm will find it very difficult to arrive at the uterus and, thereby, reducing the risk of fertilization. If fertilization does take place, the fertilized eggs will not be able to attach itself to the uterus because of the same reasons.
Levlen should only be purchased on the advice of a doctor. It is possible to buy this drug for birth control online.
Levlen and Your Sex Drive
Levlen is certainly a capable birth control pill. However, it can also affect the libido or sex drive of the person using it. The drug can reduce the sex drive. However, the sex drive can be restored once the use of the drug is stopped. This is certainly a side effect that you should be aware of before you start using it. In fact, there are other things which you should know before you start using Levlen for birth control https://mybirthcontrolonline.com/.
Precautions before Using Levlen
There are quite a few things which should be known about Levlen before use. After all, there are a number of reasons why this drug might not be a suitable birth control pill for you. Of course, a consultation with a doctor will help you determine if you have anything to be worried about when using this medicine.
- You must never be using this drug if you are planning on becoming pregnant or are pregnant already.
- The pill must also be avoided if you have had a baby recently. In fact, the medicine must not be taken for a minimum of 4 weeks after giving birth.
- If you are a smoker, using this medicine can significantly raise your risk for some dangerous side effects especially if your age is over 35 years old.
- If you have a medical history of cardiovascular issues such as circulation problems, uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart diseases, strokes, heart attacks and blood clotting disorders, you must not use this medicine.
- The same applies if you have suffered from migraines, liver disease, kidney problems, unusual vaginal bleeding or uterine cancer in the past.
Levlen: The Common Side Effects
There are various kinds of side effects possible when using this birth control pill. The ones given below are the common ones. If they occur, you will have to contact a doctor so that the proper treatment for them can be administered.
- Menstrual period changes
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal itching
- Nipple discharge
- Mild nausea, vomiting or bloating
- Tenderness or swelling in the breast
- Freckles on the face or darkening tone of the facial skin
- Increased growth of hair
- Loss of hair on the scalp
- Difficulty and problems in wearing contact lenses
- Changes in the weight or the appetite
Levlen: The Serious Side Effects
While the common side effects of using Levlen are not very dangerous, the serious side effects most certainly are. If they occur, you need to get medical help immediately. The use of the medicine must also be stopped.
- Allergic reactions are a possibility. Some of the symptoms include hives, swelling in the facial and thorax regions and difficulty in breathing.
- Sudden weakness on one or both sides of the body. Numbness is another possibility.
- Problems with vision or keeping balance.
- Sudden headaches which are severe.
- Changes in the migraine headaches in terms of patterns or severity.
- Loss of appetite, nausea, feelings of tiredness, dark urine, pain in the upper stomach and jaundice.
- Symptoms of depression.
- Swelling up of the hands, ankles or feet.
- General uneasiness and ill feeling, nausea or sweating.