Mircette is one of the most popular pills for birth control available these days. This medication is known to be generally safe. However, it is absolutely essential that you follow the proper precautions during its use. A doctor must be consulted before you go ahead and purchase one of these pills for birth control online mybirthcontrolonline.com.
What Is Mircette and What Is It Used For?
The drug known as Mircette is a combination of estrogen and progesterone which are both female hormones. It is used as a birth control pill as it can help in the prevention of ovulation and even reduce the chances of fertilization.
The drug is capable of preventing an egg being released over the course of a menstrual cycle. As a result, ovulation is prevented. Moreover, it can also thicken the cervical mucus so that sperms are unable to reach the egg and fertilize it. The lining of the uterus is also changed so that fertilized eggs are unable to attach themselves to it.
Things to Note before Using Mircette
There are a few things you should understand before you purchase this medicine for birth control online and use it. Contact your doctor so that you can get the proper guidance where the use of this medicine is concerned.
You must remember that the use of this medicine can increase your risk of having heart attacks, strokes and blood clots. The risks of these conditions are at their peak during the first year of use. The risks are also greater when you have any of the following conditions.
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Overweight issues
Smoking, while using this birth control pill, can significantly increase your risks for heart attacks and blood clots. Your age is also a major factor as the risks increase with age especially after the age of 35. In fact, women over 35 years of age who smoke are recommended not to use these medicines.
The use of this medicine is prohibited for women who are pregnant. If you are planning on becoming pregnant, you should stop using the medicine and consult your doctor. If you have recently given birth, you need to stop using the medicine for 4 weeks.
When Should Mircette Not Be Used
There are a number of cases in which using this birth control pill can be harmful for your health. Here are some of them. A doctor will be able to give you more information.
- Allergies to any or all ingredients in the birth control pill.
- A history of blood clots.
- If you suspect or have breast cancer. The same applies to the cancer of the lining of the vagina, cervix and uterus.
- Pain of the chest as a result of angina.
- A history of brain or heart blood vessel issues such as strokes and heart attacks.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding with unknown cause
- If you had surgery that requires prolonged period of confinement to the chair or bed.
How Should Mircette Be Used?
Mircette birth control pill should be used in the exact method that has been prescribed to you. This birth control pill is available in a pack of 21 pills or 28 pills. The latter happens to be more common.
While using this medication, it is essential that you maintain am exact gap of 24 hours between two consecutive pills. The time gap should not be decreased or increased in any way. You should not take more pills in an effort to make up for a missed dosage. Doing so can be dangerous and increase risk of side effects. Contact your doctor if you miss a dosage.
Side Effects of Mircette
While effective, this birth control pill has a number of side effects that you should be aware of. You should contact your doctor if you find yourself experiencing these side effects.
- Light vaginal spotting or bleeding
- Swelling or tenderness in the breast
- Changes in the appetite or weight
- Nausea, bloating or vomiting
- Vaginal discharge or itching
- Increased growth of hair or loss of scalp hair
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Changes in the severity or patterns of migraine headaches
- Symptoms of a stroke
- Symptoms of a blood clot in the leg
- Symptoms of a blood clot in a lung
- Problems in the liver